Avner Davidson was born in Rishon Lezion, the youngest son of Menachem Mendel Davidson. He lost his father at the age of one and as an adult - he built his home in the yard of his parents, continuing to cultivate their land.
He learned in the elementary school ("Chaviv") in the Township and in Mikveh Israel, where he was sworn in 1927 as a member of the "Haganah". Since then, stand to his credit, a long-lasting activity in defense and security.
In 1931he passed an instructors' course in the "Haganah" and he began recruiting members to the "Haganah" and training people with arms. In 1937, he was sent a national commanders' course which was held at an experiments post in Kibbutz Gvat. When he returned from the course, he took command of the district of Rishon Lezion. As commander, he began to take part in organizing many courses so as to train of the population of the Township, preparing "Slykim" (hide ľouts) for weapons, organizing and preparing action plans for the future (the period is the period of World War II, when the Germans came up to Al Alamein, Egypt).
After the World War, he commanded the victory parade which was held in the Township with the participation of Jewish soldiers from Sarafand (Tzrifin). Later, he served as a guard and was a weapons' trainer, mainly in the Yemenites and Urfals neighborhoods. On the Eve of the Independence War, in 1947, Avner Davidson attended a fortification course and became a fortifications officer. With the establishment of the State, he was drafted to the IDF along with his regiment, battalion 152. On the Eve of Yom Kippur, of 1948, he was seriously injured in Beit Madras and fought for a year for his life. When released to his home, he became an IDF Invalid and had to fight for all the years with difficulties and limitations.
Even in the civil realm many activities stand to his credit: an agricultural and owner of a dairy farm who was selling the milk as he rides a motorcycle; member of the "Orez" and organizer of packing groups; a fruit quality inspector of behalf of the "Pardes"; member of the Agricultural Committee and the Farmers Association; an active member of "Maccabi", and was one of the initiators to the establishment of the Maccabi House in the Township; a soccer and hockey teams player; he played guitar in the Township's band (after the Orchestra's phase).
After his severe injury in the War of Independence, he was one of the founders of the Disabled's Organization, and one of the initiators and founders of Warrior's Home in Afeka and the Recovery Home, Kay in Nahariya; he was also active in the Organization of the Disabled.
Throughout the years, along side with all his public activities, he was working in the orchard and persisted with this until the last days.