Elchanan Abromovitch was born in Yassi, Rumania. In 1883 he immigrated to Eretz Israel with his parents and a year later, in 1884, settled with them in Rishon Le-Zion. In 1898 he bought land and became a farmer.
He is a signatory of the village's second Book of Regulations. In 1910, together with his brother, Mordechai, he leased the flour mill in the winery. In 1914 he signed a contract with the village committee (together with P. Ketzler), for the pavement of the "new road between Derech Hamelech Yerusalayim and Yaffo, via Beit Dagan and Rishon Le-Zion".
Between the years 1926-1927 he served as a member of the Village Committee.
He died on the eve of the establishment of the State of Israel and is buried in the Old Cemetery in Rishon Le-Zion.