||Davidson (Rivkind) Menachem Mendel
Menachem Mendel Davidson was born in Grodno, Belarus to his parents Dov - Berl and Rachel - Leah Rivkind. At a young age he married his wife Chaya and settled in her parents' home in Lomza. When he reached the age of 21, having to enlist to the army and as a one who clung to the idea of "Chibat Zion", he decided to immigrate to Eretz Israel with the passport of a Jew named Davidson and despite the determined opposition of his father in-law, he had secretly and alone boarded the ship in Odessa.
In the year, 1889, he descended the ship at the Jaffa port and the beginning of his way in the country he made as an agricultural laborer at Asher Levin's in Rishon Lezion and – by digging holes for planting at a farmer in Rechovot.
In Nes Ziona, he found a room to live in and every day he made his way on foot to work in Rishon Lezion. Here, in the country, as a symbol of a new beginning, he decided to change his name (Rivkind) and keep the name Davidson.
For three years, he asked in his letters to send him to Eretz Israel his wife and their baby daughter but he clashed against the stubborn opposition of his in-law until the ruling of the Rabbi of Blomaz that husband and wife should not be separated and that she should be sent to her husband in Eretz Israel.
In the year 1894, the family settled in Rishon Lezion. When Menachem Mendel Davidson began working as a household manager with Hirschfeld's widow, he came to reside in her yard. However, his great ambition was to become an independent farmer and therefore, in the year 1901, he buys land in the "Margo" farm in Cyprus, where the Baron Hirsch extends assistance to Jewish farmers.
The family settles in a small village between Larnaca and Nicosia and for several years manages an agricultural farm with cornfields and a herd of sheep.
In the year, 1904, when the village got empty from its Jewish inhabitants, the 'shochet' too left and for Yoav, the little son, no 'cheider' to study in, was to be found, the father sold the land to officials of PICA and the family came back to Rishon Lezion.
Upon his return, he bought land in the Township, purchased a pair of horses and worked at the winegrowers union in transporting wine between Rishon Lezion's and Zichron Yaacov's wineries and from Rishon Lezion to the Jaffa port for shipping it abroad.
Also, he was driving the doctor during his weekly visits between the houses of Jaffa, Rishon Lezion, Nes Ziona, Rehovot and Ekron. For a certain period he worked in plowing in Poriah for Wilbushvitz in Lod and in the oil factory; wearing an Abaya and a Kafia, he was riding his horse to villages to buy the olives and the olives' waste for the production of oil.
In the year, 1911, he got ill and has been hospitalized in the Volach hospital in Jerusalem, where he died. He was buried on the Mount of Olives.