Midwives
Fania Lapidot was the first midwife that the Village Committee, in 1889, placed at the disposal of the first women who gave birth.
Later, at the General Meeting in 1901, it was decided that "a part of the midwife's salary will be paid by the mothers themselves and the remainder will be paid from the community's funds".
This and more: "The midwife receives her salary from the community's funds, she must immediately after the birth notify the manager of the register of births about this and she isn't to accept another child until she receives a note as a receipt from the Committee, that the fixed payment for this purpose has been paid and deposited in the community's funds".
The public midwives worked in Rishon Le-Zion until 1944.