The German immigrant group
During the early 1930's several families arrived to Rishon Le-Zion from Germany. In 1933 an organized group arrived to the village which aimed at establishing an agricultural cooperative and was named "Gan Herzl". On an area of 40 dunams, about 10 acres (today Volfsohn Street), they built their houses and farmsteads. In addition to their agricultural work, the immigrants contributed greatly to the quality of life in Rishon Le-Zion: they expanded the medical services; they enriched the cultural, musical and sports life; they built factories and developed the trade and industry in the village.
Note:
The group list of the German immigrants includes the parents and their children who arrived together with them to the country. The names of the children born in Rishon Le-Zion appear on the personal screens (Paternal screens).